Sunscreen

Biore UV Aqua Rich Cool Watery Essence SPF 50 PA++++ [Review]

6:05:00 PM,0 Comments

Hi everyone! I hope you guys are safe and well. I’ve been away from this blog for so long but now since the new MCO I have the time to write some of the products that I tried over the year. In Sha Allah, I will try my best to upload more posts. One of the recent product that I tried is this sunscreen. If you want to know my opinion on this particular sunscreen keep reading ya. Thanks!

[Review]
Biore UV Aqua Rich Cool Watery Essence SPF50 PA++++

What It Claims:
Freshen up with the Limited Edition Biore UV Aqua Watery Essence Cool. A refreshing and amazingly light formula delivers high UV protection with cooling sensation. Ideal for daily usage.

Watery hydrating essence with Hyaluronic Acid & Royal Jelly Extract. Ideal as a makeup base which bends well with skin for smooth foundation finish. Used on its own to achieve effortlessly natural radiant look.

They claimed that they has the World’s 1st technology – Micro Level UV Defense which using encapsulated UV filters that can fend off harmful UV rays even at micro level. High resistance to sweat and water which it consists of amphiphilic ingredients meaning it has affinity for both water and oil.


UV Filters:
Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate / Octinoxate – UVB filter.
Ethylhexyl Triazone / Uvinul T 150 / Octyltriazone  - UVB filter.
Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate / Uvinul A Plus – UVA filter
Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine / Tinosorb S – Broad Spectrum UVA & UVB filter.
 
This is a broad spectrum (UVA & UVB filters) chemical (aka organic) sunscreen, all filters are chemical sunscreens ingredients.
  

Ingredients:
Water, Alcohol, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Isopropyl Palmitate, Lauryl Methacrylate/Sodium Methacrylate Crosspolymer, Diethylamino Hydroxybenzoyl Hexyl Benzoate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Dextrin Palmitate, Butylene Glycol, Xylitol, Acrylates/C10-30 Alkyl Acrylate Crosspolymer, Dimethicone, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Glycerin, Propanediol, Glyceryl Stearate, Menthyl Lactate, Glyceryl Behenate, Vinyl Dimethicone/Methicone Silsesquioxane Crosspolymer, Potassium Hydroxide, Cetyl Alcohol, Agar, Menthol, Sorbitan Distearate, Isoceteth-20, Polyvinyl Alcohol, DimethiconeNinylDimethicone/Vinyl Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Stearoyl Glutamic Acid, Arginine, Disodium EDTA, Fragrance, BHT, Sodium Hydroxide, Tocopherol, Royal Jelly Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben

It has Alcohol and Paraben but Sulfates free – to those who concern regarding these three ingredients.
How to Use It:
Apply as the last step in your day skincare routine and reapply throughout the day. Use two (2) fingers method or ¼ teaspoon for each application.
 

Packaging & Price:
Opaque blue and white stripes squeezable tube with white screw cap. RM 35 for 50g (as of date).
 
The packaging is so cute and beautiful. The nozzle is quite big so be careful when you squeeze the products. Price wise, in my opinion is affordable.

 
Texture:
Slightly yellowish gel texture and when applied no white cast visible. The gel felt a bit thick when applied, and it gave ‘cooling’ sensation which I don’t really appreciate – it indicate that it has menthol in it. It doesn’t spread or blend easily as well.

It kind of separates when I tried to blend it in and it does takes time to blend into my skin. At first it has slightly sticky finish right after I blend it but once it is set, it has satin like finishing which I think under makeup would be nice.

Scent:
It has strong alcohol and mint scent which not my favourite. Quite overwhelming for me. I think it is due to the high alcohol in it and Alcohol stated as the second ingredient in the ingredients list. The minty scent might come from Menthol in this sunscreen, so people with sensitive skin, I suggest to skip this sunscreen from your wish lists


Personal Review:
I think this sunscreen would be okay if you can tolerate with alcohol and menthol. Iif you have oily or combination skin, you might like this one but if you have sensitivity towards alcohol and menthol better avoid this. I really don’t enjoy wearing this at all. It feels thick, I am bothered with the strong alcohol and menthol scent. The cooling sensation makes me feels like it will burn my skin even though it hasn’t. So the whole experience is a no-no for me.

I prefer the original Biore UV Aqua Rich (blue packaging) rather than this one since it doesn’t contain menthol. So if between the original Biore UV Aqua Rich and the Aqua Rich Cool, I would buy the original (blue) instead of this one, but still in my opinion the original is not that great for me but it is still better than this one.

If you use this make sure that you thoroughly removes it. I find it feels thick and I can feel the sunscreen layer on my skin. As they claimed it has high resistance to sweat and water, I believe you might need to use oil cleanser to remove it while using micellar water only may not be enough to remove it. Please make sure to remove it thoroughly especially if you are a Muslim since it has high resistance to water, so wuduk’ nanti tak sah ya.

Even though it feels thick on my skin so far it hasn’t piling with any moisturizers that I use with. The SPF and the PA rating is at exactly where I want my sunscreen to be and I love it doesn’t have any white cast on my skin. Too bad I don’t enjoy wearing it. You should find the sunscreen that you enjoy applying it so that you are looking forward to reapply throughout the day and keep wearing it every day.

Overall opinion:
Do I like it?
Hate it.
 
Will I re-purchase it?
No.
 
Do I recommend it?
Not to sensitive skin. Maybe for the combination and oily skin if they can tolerate it.

[Product]
BIORE UV AQUA RICH COOL
Watery Essence SPF 50 PA++++
Available at drugstore (Watson, Guardian etc)
Offline and Online stores.

Thank you for your time and I hope this has help you. These are merely my personal opinion, experiences and preferences. Keep coming back, more reviews and tips are coming up. For any products suggestions or any tips that you would like me to try it out, you may do so, just leave your comment okay?

*Disclaimer: Any products review in this blog are purchased with my own money and no sponsorship or paid review whatsoever unless it is stated. Merely my own experience and opinion on these items.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments:

All feedback, comment, suggestions and ideas are most welcome. Thank You for your support. I hope my writing somehow has helped you.

Thank you!