Cleanser

COSRX Low PH Good Morning Gel Cleanser [Review]

7:06:00 PM,0 Comments



Hi! How are you guys doing on Day 3 Restriction Movement Order? So far okay ke? Stay safe guys, and please stay home. So since we have 2 weeks free, why not up your skincare game. I think it’s time to pamper yourself at home.

[Review]
COSRX
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
  
This will be my first cleanser review, I have tried many cleansers but this will be my first post about cleanser. In my opinion, since I have skin issues (dry, dehydrated and acne prone skin), cleanser for me should be simple, doesn’t need any extra fancy ingredients. It should clean well without stripping my skin or irritate it.

Face cleanser should be your second cleanser or it should be your second steps in your skin care routine. If you don’t wear any makeup or any sunscreen this should be your first step and your first cleanser.

Morning – as first cleanser
Night – as second cleanser after oil cleansing/makeup removing step.

What It Claims:
A gel type cleanser with mildly acidic pH level. Mild, yet effective
This gentle cleanser does not irritate the skin, but it definitely does its job in removing all impurities from the skin.

Low pH
Slightly acidic pH level helps maintain healthy skin by restoring the skin's optimal pH level and protecting the skin from outer irritants.

Moisturizing
Cleanses the skin without stripping feeling and leaves the skin refreshed, clean and glowy.
Cruelty free, Vegan and Paraben Free.

Ingredients:
Water, Cocamidopropyl Betaine, Sodium Lauroyl Methyl Isethionate, Polysorbate 20, Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract, Butylene Glycol, Saccharomyces Ferment, Cryptomeria Japonica Leaf Extract, Nelumbo Nucifera Leaf Extract, Pinus Palustris Leaf Extract, Ulmus Davidiana Root Extract, Oenothera Biennis (Evening Primrose) Flower Extract, Pueraria Lobata Root Extract, Melaleuca Alternifolia (Tea Tree) Leaf Oil, Allantoin, Caprylyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Betaine Salicylate, Citric Acid, Ethyl Hexanediol, 1,2-Hexanediol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Sodium Benzoate, Disodium EDTA.

Key Ingredients: Styrax Japonicus Branch/Fruit/Leaf Extract & Betaine Salicylate.
Cruelty, Vegan, Paraben, Sulfate, Alcohol and Silicone free.

How to Use It:
A dime size or just a blob should be fine as it will lather, but it depends on your preferences and need.
Use it at second step in the night routine or use it as first step in the morning.
Like normal cleanser, lather it, massage on your face for about 60 sec (60 sec rules) then rinse it off. Followed by your other skincare routine.

Packaging & Price:
            Simple white opaque tube with flip cap. RM 43 for 150 ml (as of date).
Quite big and it can last quite long time, therefore worth the money in my opinion.


Texture:
            Clear gel consistency but then you lather with water, it will create little bubble and foams.
           I love the fact that a gel cleanser can lather, its nice option for people who have combination  skin which often confuse to go for foam cleanser or gel ones.  

Scent:
It has Tea Tree scent which gives a chemical/fresh scent.
However, I don’t like the scent at all. Not my favourite, but if you love fresh scent, you might love it.

Personal Review:  
There are a lot of good reviews regarding this cleanser that drawn me to purchase and try this cleanser at the first place. Many reviews regarding how gentle it is for your morning skincare routine and about its low pH level suitable for most skin types.

Why low pH cleanser is good for your skin? It is because low pH level means it is acidic around 5-6 pH level, almost the same as pH level for our skin. While most cleansers are more alkaline, therefore can be stripping and drying.

I expect a lot from this cleanser, however, I personally didn’t experience the same as other people. I didn’t feel like it is gentle on my skin. For me, this is more night facial cleanser rather than morning cleanser as most people love it for.

It does feels quite tight and drying on my skin, I suspect it is because of the tea tree in the ingredients as well as AHA (Citric Acid) and BHA (Betaine Salicylate) in it. Cleansing my face using this cleanser, I do feel weird menthol-cold feeling macam berangin on my skin and it doesn’t feels comfortable for me, I guess it is due to the Tea Tree ingredient. But if you do have a bit oily on your skin or you have combination skin or acne-prone, you might love it as Tea Tree famously known in helping fight acne and you also have AHA and BHA included.

I did tried it the first time for a week then I don’t like it. But I just put aside for a while, I thought oh maybe it’s just my first impression. Then I came back to it, still don’t like it. I try to love it but after the third tries, I still feel the same. However, you guys give it a try, maybe suitable to you. Every skin react differently to each products. What may work for me may not work for you and vice versa.

Overall opinion:
Do I like it?
No.

Will I re-purchase it?
No.

Do I recommend it?
Yeah, since a lot of people love it. You might too. Who knows?
But I would suggest it for Combination skin, Oily skin and Acne Prone instead for all skin type.


[Product]
COSRX
Low pH Good Morning Gel Cleanser
Available at offline – Play Up Advance, Online – Hermo.


Thank you for your time and I hope this has help you. These are merely my personal opinion, experiences and preferences. Keep coming back, more reviews and tips are coming up. For any products suggestions or any tips that you would like me to try it out, you may do so, just leave your comment okay?

*Disclaimer: Any products review in this blog are purchased with my own money and no sponsorship or paid review whatsoever unless it is stated. Merely my own experience and opinion on these items.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments:

All feedback, comment, suggestions and ideas are most welcome. Thank You for your support. I hope my writing somehow has helped you.

Thank you!