Lip Balm

NIVEA Lovely Lips Natural Pink Lip Balm [Review]

3:33:00 PM,0 Comments


Hello! How are you guys? Today, let’s review a lip balm products. Lip balm has been my best friends since I’m a teenager. I do have chapped lips, cracked and bleeding almost every day. People always come to me and ask me to do drink more water, but water is not enough, I still need a topical treatment to combat this issue. Tak cute okay when people see you with your flaky and someone bleed lips, plus when you’re wearing lipstick or lip gloss, it won’t look nice. Same principle goes for skin, if your skin is good prep with good skincare routine and moisturized well, you makeup will glide beautifully.

[Review]
NIVEA
Lovely Lips Natural Pink Lip Balm

What It Claims:
* LOVELY LIPS NATURAL PINK caring lip balm Dull Free Technology, enriched with Shea  Butter, Sweet
  Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil to effectively hydrate and brighten up dull-looking lips, bringing out the natural
  beauty of your lips. With Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter and Pink Guava Extract to keep your lips smooth
  and soft, with a hint of colour.
* Enhance your lips natural beauty and long-lasting moisturization
* Dull Free Technology
* Enriched with Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil and Jojoba Oil to effectively hydrate and brighten up dull-
   looking lips, bringing out the natural beauty of your lips.
* With Almond Oil, Jojoba Oil, Shea Butter and Pink Guava Extract to keep your lips smooth and soft, with a
   hint of colour.
* Dermatologically tested and approved. Ophtalmologically tested. Hypoallergenic, non-comedogenic.


Ingredients:
Polyisobutene, Ricinus Communis Seed Oil, Pentaerythrityl Tetraisostearate, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Octyldodecanol, Myristyl Lactate, Candelilla Cera, Butyrospermum Parkii Butter, Cera Microcristallina, Synthetic Wax, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, CI 77891, Prunus Amygdalus Dulcis Oil, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Mica, Aqua, BHT, Parfum, CI 17200, CI 15985, CI 15850, CI 77492

It has Castor Oil as one of the top ingredients, while Shea Butter, Sweet Almond Oil, Jojoba Seed Oil (claimed as Dull Free technology) and Vitamin E are also moisturizer but they are not placed at the top in the ingredients list, hence why it doesn’t moisturize enough.

From the ingredients list also stated it has 2 UV filters (Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane) but I think it doesn’t act sunscreen for lips as it is placed almost at the end of the lists and nowhere in the packaging I found stated any SPF or PA rating included.


Packaging & Price:
Slender tube lip balm with transparent red in colour cap. Very easy just to slip in your pouch or any pockets. RM 14.10 for 2.4grams (as of date).

It is expensive in my opinion for a small tube of lip balm cost RM 14.10. It is going to be worth the money if the lip balm works.

Texture:
            Typical lip balm texture, not greasy and quite thin.
It is not thick enough for me. Need to apply few layers to get full cover coat.

Scent:
Smell really good, I think it has berry scent. It smells like those lip balm that you would you use during teenager (lip ice, silky girl). Pakai lepas tu rasa dah cool habis dah masa tu.

Colour:
Faint reddish pink, not really gives off much colour. Almost colourless when applied. In my opinion the normal lip balm Nivea gives more colours than this one.


Personal Review:  
Pros – It is fun, has nice scent, small and easy to carry. I do agree it gives natural glossy tint and non-sticky feeling. Cons, first of all, for a lip balm with just 2.4g so small and slender costs for RM 14.10 is expensive for me and it is not going to last long as I’m using lip balm like all the time. And, I do not think it moisturize my lips well, more like it just sits on top of my lips. Did not moisturize deeply either, more like a protective film on top of my lips. If you are looking for casual lip balm, this one should be nice, but if you are looking for better hydration, this is not enough.

Plus, I do find that I need to reapply around every 1-2 hours. Even though the balm is still on my lips, but I feel like my lips skin started to wrinkle and dry underneath the lip balm. At this point, it kind of feel that the lip balm draw the moisture out from my lips. What I did, I remove the lip balm, the reapply it but still at end of the day, my lips are not hydrated enough. Overall, I don’t really like this lip balm. It is kind of nice, with the scent and everything, but it doesn’t do the one thing I look for in my lip balm.


Overall opinion:
Do I like it?
Okay lah. Fefeling teenager gitu.

Will I re-purchase it?
Definitely No.

Do I recommend it?
No.
Do find other lip balm that can give you more, even their other Nivea lip balm ranges are much better than this one.

[Product]
NIVEA
Lovely Lips Natural Pink Lip Balm
Available at any drugstore such as Watson, Guardian, Caring etc.
Offline and Online stores.

Thank you for your time and I hope this has help you. These are merely my personal opinion, experiences and preferences. Keep coming back, more reviews and tips are coming up. For any products suggestions or any tips that you would like me to try it out, you may do so, just leave your comment okay?

*Disclaimer: Any products review in this blog are purchased with my own money and no sponsorship or paid review whatsoever unless it is stated. Merely my own experience and opinion on these items.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments:

All feedback, comment, suggestions and ideas are most welcome. Thank You for your support. I hope my writing somehow has helped you.

Thank you!