Skin Care

Supergoop! Play Everyday Sunscreen with Sunflower Extract SPF 50 PA++++ [Review]

5:39:00 PM,0 Comments


Hi! I’m back and since MCO ni, I took the opportunity to update as much as I can. So straight to the point, here is another sunscreen review. I have been trying different sunscreen to find the most suitable one for my skin and suitable with our weather too. This is another popular sunscreen and many people rave about it, so I give it a go and keep reading to find out my thoughts on it.

[Review]
Supergoop! Play
Everyday Sunscreen with Sunflower Extract
SPF 50 PA++++

What It Claims:
The Supergoop! original. This oil-free, water-resistant formula is perfect for everyday face and body. It's fast-absorbing and lightweight, but with ultra-moisturizing results. And, it's made with natural extracts of citrus, basil, and bois de rose, so you'll leave that typical sunscreen smell behind.

Unlike other products that typically contain hyaluronic acid, Everyday Sunscreen replenishes moisture better through a unique beta-glucan. Preserve your skin’s youthful glow!

UV Filters:
Homosalate 10% - UVB Filter
Octinoxate 7.5% - UVB Filter
Octisalate 5% - UVB Filter
Avobenzone 3% - UVA Filter

This is a chemical sunscreen, all filters are chemical sunscreens ingredients.


Ingredients:
Homosalate, Octinoxate, Octisalate, Avobenzone.
Water, Isododecane, Polyester-8, Glycerin, Cetyl Alcohol, Potassium Cetyl Phosphate, Acrylates Copolymer, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Extract, Diisopropyl Sebacate, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Lauryl Lactate, Cetaryl Olivate, Ammonium Acryloyldimethyltaurate/VP Copolymer, Hydroxyacetophenone, Sorbitan Olivate, Diethylhexyl Syringylidenemalonate, Aniba Rosaeodora (Rosewood) Wood Oil, Chlorphenesin, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Peel Oil, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Ethylhexylglycerin, Eucalyptus Globulus Leaf Oil, Ocimum Basilicum (Basil) Flower/Leaf Extract, Pelargonium Graveolens Flower Oil, Pogostemon Cablin Oil, 1,2 Hexanediol, Caprylyl Glycol, Xanthan Gum, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Extract, Behenic Acid, Cetyl Behenate, Isostearyl Isostearate, Pentylene Glycol, Trisodium Ethylenediamine Disuccinate, Tocopherol, Allantoin, Rosmarinus Officinalis (Rosemary) Leaf Extract, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Panthenol, Penthasodium Triphosphate, Citric Acid.

Check ingredients safety here: http://www.cosdna.com/eng/cosmetic_c7e3499952.html

How to Use It:
Use it at the last step for skincare routine in the morning and reapply throughout the day, even you are indoors and especially when you are exposed to sun outdoors. Use two (2) fingers method to measure how much you need for each application.

Packaging & Price:
            Opaque white squeezable tube with white screw cap. 30 ml for RM 43 (travel size).

It is expensive for how much sunscreen you get, RM 43 for just 30ml, and you have to reapply it every 2 hours according to the label, so it will only last for a short period of time. Love the packaging, easy to squeeze the products and I love it is available in travel size! Good for travelling and for trial purposes.

Texture:
            White lotion texture.

No white cast but it felt sticky, heavy, greasy and shiny when applied. I feel thick too on my skin. Reapplying without removing the previous layers made me feel uncomfortable. Often I need to remove it first then reapply a new layers throughout the day. It takes quite sometimes to fully absorb into my skin.

Scent:
Citrus + hebal/medicated scent.

Not a fan for its scent, and it lingered for quite some time.

Personal Review:  
First of all, I love it came in travel size / small size – easier for travel and trial purposes. Love the packaging too. When applied even the lotion is in white but left with no white cast on my skin and I love that it formulated SPF 50 with PA++++ which indicate a broad spectrum sunscreen.

But, I hate the texture, in my opinion, it is not suitable for Malaysian weather unless you’re in air-conditioning room most of the time. It says that it is an oil-free sunscreen but I do feel quite greasy when using it. It also claimed fast absorbing and light-weight, but I felt totally different, it felt thick and took time to absorb. This is also might be because I have cream moisturizer underneath before the sunscreen – maybe contributing factor. Even I have dry skin, but this is just too much for me, when I started sweat, especially around my neck area, it feels really sticky then. But once it settled, it leaves semi-matte finish, which I am quite okay with it.

I don’t like the scent too and lingered. Reapplying also another issue for me. It stated that, the sunscreen needed to be reapplied for at least every two (2) hours. Since it has thick and greasy texture plus it takes too long to absorb, reapplying is very uncomfortable for me. When I reapply without removing the previous layer, it felt even more uncomfortable and super greasy. I need to remove it before reapply the new layer. And I would not use it or reapply it when I am outside or when I go out, I looked super shiny! Haha segannnn! I would use this at home only.

I want to love it, to be honest, but truthfully I don’t. Going to finish it, tak nak membazir. But won’t buy it again, but surely want to try other sunscreen Supergoop! has.  

Overall opinion:
Do I like it?
No

Will I re-purchase it?
No

Do I recommend it?
No especially for oily skin type.

[Product]
Supergoop! Play
Everyday Sunscreen with Sunflower Extract SPF 50 PA++++
Available at Sephora
Offline and Online stores.

Thank you for your time and I hope this has help you. These are merely my personal opinion, experiences and preferences. Keep coming back, more reviews and tips are coming up. For any products suggestions or any tips that you would like me to try it out, you may do so, just leave your comment okay?

*Disclaimer: Any products review in this blog are purchased with my own money and no sponsorship or paid review whatsoever unless it is stated. Merely my own experience and opinion on these items.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments:

All feedback, comment, suggestions and ideas are most welcome. Thank You for your support. I hope my writing somehow has helped you.

Thank you!