Lip Balm

Eucerin Aquaphor Skin Soothing Balm [Review]

5:00:00 PM,0 Comments



Hello! How are you guys? Hope you guys stay safe and stay at home, the Restriction Movement Order has been extended until 14 April, hang in there guys. So, since we have a lot of time now, why don’t we step up our game in skincare routine? Today’s review is regarding a lip care, if you have been reading my blog before this, you would’ve know that I have dry skin and chapped lips. Chapped lips has been one of my main concern for a long time. I always need a lip balm to keep my lips moisturize.

[Review]
EUCERIN AQUAPHOR
Soothing Skin Balm


What It Claims:
A water-free ointment that repairs, protects and soothes dry to very dry, cracked and irritated skin. It creates the ideal protective barrier to support skin regeneration.

Eucerin Aquaphor Repairing Ointment gives dry to very dry, cracked and irritated skin the SOS care it needs. The water-free ointment forms a gentle, semi-occlusive, protective barrier over skin that supports the natural transfer of water vapor and oxygen to and from skin allowing skin to ‘breathe’ and strengthen its natural protective barrier.

Fragrance- and preservative-free, Eucerin Aquaphor Repairing Ointment has been clinically and dermatologically proven to repair very dry, cracked and irritated skin.

Eucerin conducted a study of 10-day trial in clinical conditions with a sample of 25 people aged between 18 and 50, showed effectiveness in treating dry, rough and cracked skin on the hands. Then, they continued another 7-day clinical study, a sample of 17 people apply the balm to one hand only and showed noticeable improvement overnight to dry skin on the hand and with regular use for seven days skin condition continues to improve.



Ingredients:
Paraffinum Liquidum, Cera Microcristalinna, Ceresin, Lanolin Alchohol, Panthenol, Glycerine, Bisabolol.

Paraffinum Liquidum - Very highly refined Russian mineral oil. Not the same with Petrolatum even though both derived from petroleum.

Lanolin Alcohol – Emollient, fatty alcohol that can help from moisture loss and maintain a supple feel on skin.

Panthenol & Glycerin – Moisturizing agents.


Packaging & Price:
White opaque tub with screw-able opaque blue lid. RM 19.00 for 7ml and RM 59.00 for 110ml (as of date).

I think the price is not bad comparing to other lip balms, but the bigger tub is much worth to buy.

Don’t like the tub packaging, would prefer if their tube version available here instead. Need to be mindful every time using the products – make sure fingers are clean and no dipping again for hygiene purposes.



Texture:
            Balm like Vaseline Petroleum Jelly Texture

Love the texture, apply nicely on my lips. A bit thick texture just like petroleum jelly consistency, you will feels you are wearing it.

Scent:
It doesn’t has any noticeable scent – it doesn’t smell like anything at all.

Colour:
Colourless/transparent.

Colour wise I wish it comes with a slight tint of colour (red or pink) to give natural lip colour, sometimes, it makes me look pale when using it.



Personal Review:  
I love this balm soooo muchhh. Can’t express how much I love it, but it has saved me many many times. I have super chapped lips that needs attention 24/7. After just a couple of times using Aquaphor, I can see significant different on my lips condition, more moisturize and look healthier and I didn’t need to reapply frequently. I just need a thick layer at night and a thin one in the morning skincare routine, and that’s all. While, when I’m using other lip balms, always need to reapply after 2-3 hours or whenever my lips started to dry.


Another reason that I love this comparing to any other Petroleum Jelly, even though it has the same texture, but it didn’t give the same effects. Most of the time, Petroleum Jelly burns my lips and makes it uncomfortable if I leave it for a while on my lips. But Aquaphor didn’t do that, it feels okay despite being thick and I finds that, Petroleum Jelly mostly just sits on top of my lips, blocking anything to dry it and that’s all. It doesn’t moisturize my lips, when I take it off, I would feel my lips begin to dry again. However, Aquaphor does moisturize my lips at the same time it is also semi-occlusive so it protects my lips from drying.

The only time I use Petroleum Jelly is to remove lipsticks or matte liquid lipstick (which everyone knows very hard to remove without hurting your lips), that only requires to wear it for a short time or as my last resort. I would slather the Petroleum Jelly, let it melt my stubborn lipsticks for 1-2 minutes, then, I would take a wet tissue and scrub it off from my lips.

Aquaphor is actually a multipurpose skin balm so you can actually put it at any body part you want. I tried it and it works wonders too. But note that, scoop some out as many you think you would need so you won't have to dip your fingers again in the tub after rubbing it all over. Please take care your hygiene in using products for full desire effect guys. So I would suggest, buy the small tub for your lips only and buy the big for the rest of the body.


The only issues I have with this, the tub packaging – I would prefer the tube ones, please bring the tube version in Malaysia soon. I wish it comes with a slight tint of colour but it is okay, I usually dap some lipstick to give a tint of colours then slather the Aquaphor on my lips on days I would go out. And I run out of the small tub very quickly so I need to stock it up often haha just how much I love it.

Overall opinion:
Do I like it?
Super!

Will I re-purchase it?
Yes, already did.

Do I recommend it?
Yes.
Give it a try guys, buy the small ones, if you like then the next time you can buy the big tub.
If not, it’s only 7ml. It will finished very fast.


[Product]
EUCERIN AQUAPHOR
Soothing Skin Balm
Available only at Watsons (as far as I know)
Offline and Online stores.

Thank you for your time and I hope this has help you. These are merely my personal opinion, experiences and preferences. Keep coming back, more reviews and tips are coming up. For any products suggestions or any tips that you would like me to try it out, you may do so, just leave your comment okay?

*Disclaimer: Any products review in this blog are purchased with my own money and no sponsorship or paid review whatsoever unless it is stated. Merely my own experience and opinion on these items.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments:

All feedback, comment, suggestions and ideas are most welcome. Thank You for your support. I hope my writing somehow has helped you.

Thank you!