Moisturizer

LaF Med.Secret Cream + Ceramide [Review]

4:44:00 PM,0 Comments



Hi! Assalamualaikum. As you can tell, I am going to review a LaF Med.Secret Cream + Ceramide moisturizer. Moisturizer is the most important step in the skincare. Even I am still searching for the right moisturizer for my skin. Even though I have a dry and dehydrated skin, my skin are easily clogged, so not many moisturizer that I have tried able to give the right hydration for my skin without clogging it and caused it to breakout.

[Review]
LaF
Med.Secret Cream + Ceramide | Moisturizer 

I purchased this at Guardian, I believe as of date, it is only available at Guardian. I have not seen LaF products yet at any Watson stores that I went. It is quite pricey for me actually, it cost me RM 47 for a tube which only contain 50g of the product. Furthermore, I saw many people rave about it, and skincare products expert/reviewer Iman Abdul Rahim also suggested this moisturizer and she has dry skin as well. So I bought it based on the recommendation and try it for myself.


What It Claims:
It gives soothing and moisturizing solutions. It holds moisturizer in skin, treat sensitive and dry skin. It is a super moisturizing ceramide cream.
            It instantly moisturizes and nourishes the skin
It soothes sensitive and itchy skin
Centella extract protect the skin
It strengthens the skin barrier with ceramide.
It is meant for the skin which need moisture and nutrition balance. Hydrate and nourish your skin from within with Secret Ceramide Cream.



Ingredients: Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Cetearyl Alcohol, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea) Butter, Dicaprylyl Carbonate, PEG-8 Beeswax, Polyglyceryl-3 Methylglucose Distearate, Microcrystalline Wax, Cetyl Alcohol, C12-16 Alcohols, Dimethicone, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Centella Asiatica Extract, Cyclopentasiloxane, Hydrogenated Lecithin, Palmitic Acid, Vitis Vinifera (Grape) Seed Oil, Helianthus Annuus (Sunflower) Seed Oil, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E), Polysorbate 60, Sorbitan Isostearate, Cyclohexasiloxane,     Panthenol, Zea Mays (Corn) Starch, Dipropylene Glycol, Aloe Ferox Leaf Extract, Sodium Hyaluronate, Maltodextrin, Disodium EDTA, Arginine, Hydroxyethyl Acrylate/Sodium Acryloyldimethyl Taurate Copolymer, Xanthan Gum, Benzyl Glycol, Ethylhexylglycerin, Raspberry Ketone, Citrus Limon (Lemon) Peel Oil, Citrus Aurantium Bergamia (Bergamot) Fruit Oil, Piper Nigrum (Pepper) Fruit Oil.

Let’s Check the Ingredients:
Has pore clogging ingredient (Shea & PEG-8 Beeswax)
Coconut Oil (Acne - 4, Irritant – 1) act as Fragrance, Moisturizer, Emollient Plant Extract.
4 ingredients that has Comedogenic Rating 2 and 1 Ingredients has Comedogenic Rating 1
2 Ingredients that indicated as silicones too.



How to Use It:
Use it at the moisturizer step after cleansing and toning your skin.  



Personal Review:
In terms of packaging, I like that it is in tube form rather than in pot/tub/jar packaging. So we don’t dip our fingers in it and keep it from any bacteria. But usually those moisturizers in tube are thicker in texture. It is also in green colours, which most of skincare products are mostly in white, but I really like colourful packaging, it will look nice on your vanity.

It claimed it is a solution for dry and sensitive skin – which is me! But I think, it does not give my skin enough hydration that I need. The cream is really thick but it absorbs quite nicely to my skin. Not sticky and after smoothing it out, my skin feels really soft and smooth. Just like wearing a silicone primer on your skin. Personally I don’t like that, and it made me feel like I’m clogging my pores. When I use it less, I feel that it is not enough for my skin, but when I use it more, I feel it is too thick to the extend it can clog my pores.



It contains ceramide which is really good ingredients, so it is good for repairing your skin barrier, if you want to treat your skin, what you need is to give your skin more hydration and repair your skin barrier first. It does not contain any fragrance as well but I like the scent! It has citrus smell which it gives you fresh feeling when you put in on. I don’t know about others' preferences on the citrus smell in their skincare products, but I do like it a lot. When I use citrus or any fruits smell products, my brain automatically register it as a good items you know – fresh, good and natural product haha but it just me.

I still have about half tube of this moisturizer, sayang lah kan, I don’t want to waste it and someitmes I still using it. Currently, I only use it once or twice per week in my night skincare routine. Because I do find that it is clogging my pores and sometimes it does irritate my skin, so I tend not to use it in my daily skincare routine. I will use this moisturizer on the days that I have super dry and need extra extra moisturizers. Before I put this moisturizer on my skin, I will slather other moisturizer first, which is lighter in texture and runny, let it sinks nicely then I will put Laf Med.Secret + Ceramide cream on top of it.

Updates: 13 Nov 2019

Currently my skin super dry due I'm on medication - accutane and I find that this moisturizer works well currently and I am loving it. I'm using it daily now; day and night and somedays I even reapply midday when my skin needs more moisturizer. Before this I prefer something light like gel moisturizer that I'm sure it absorbs well into my skin and I can layer it to give maximum hydration. Since I'm on this medication (accutane and some other hormonal pills - will share about this acne hormonal issue one day after I battled it), I prefer something more thick and cream type moisturizer. FYI, I'm on second tube now. Your skin change guys depends on medication, age, environment and weather too. Something you may not like before, you may like it now. As long it doesn't harm your skin.


Overall opinion:
Do I like it?
Not really.
Update: I love it.

Will I re-purchase it?
No. It is quite pricey and my skin does not love it.
Update: I did repurchase still pricey in my opinion. Waiting when is the next sale. =P

Do I recommend it?
Yes. To those who have dry to normal skin, but those who have drier skin type, dehydrated skin & easily clogged pores, no I don’t recommend this to you.


LaF
Med.Secret Cream + Ceramide | Moisturizer
Available at Guardian.

Thank you for your time and I hope this has help you. These are merely my personal opinion, experiences and preferences. Keep coming back, more reviews and tips are coming up. For any products suggestions or any tips that you would like me to try it out, you may do so, just leave your comment okay?

*Disclaimer: Any products review in this blog are purchased with my own money and no sponsorship or paid review whatsoever unless it is stated. Merely my own experience and opinion on these items.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments:

All feedback, comment, suggestions and ideas are most welcome. Thank You for your support. I hope my writing somehow has helped you.

Thank you!