Skin Care

Clinelle UV Defence SPF 50 PA +++ [Review]

3:09:00 PM,0 Comments


Hello! Hope you guys still stay safe and keep practicing the new normal. Yeahhh another sunscreen review today. Since MCO, I have time to try different products and observed how well it works for my skin. So just let’s go straight into the review.  

 [Review]
Clinelle
UV Defence SPF 50 PA+++

What It Claims:
Dermatologically tested formula with properties to free your skin from rapid environmental aggressions. With safe ingredients and formulations, Clinelle professional products work effectively using RX3 Action to repair, refine and reshield your skin for clearly visible and long term results!

Our professional products are also formulated with 6 Secrets to Happy Skin: No Artificial Fragrance, No Artificial Colouring, No Comedogenic Ingredients, No Mineral Oil, No SD-alcohol, No lanolin.

Help minimise clogged pores, blackheads, breakouts and sensitized skin condition.


UV Filters:
Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane / Avobenzone – UVA filter
Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate / Octinoxate – UVB filter
Benzophenone-3 / Oxybenzone – UVB Filter

This is a chemical sunscreen, all filters are chemical sunscreens ingredients.

Ingredients:
Aqua (Water), Carbomer, Aloe Barbadensis Extract, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Water, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein/PVP Crosspolymer, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Benzophenone-3, Butylene Glycol, Polyquaternium-51, Polysorbate 20, Hydrolyzed Silk, Xanthan Gum, Proplyene Gylcol, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Extract, Bisabolol, Dipotassium Glycyrrhizate, Pseudoalteromonas Ferment Extract, Isoceteth-20, Pearl Extract, Glycerin, Glyceryl Polyacrylate, Phenoxyethanol, Ethylhexylglycerin.

Paraben, Sulfate, Alcohol and Silicone Free with Minimal Ingredients.



How to Use It:
Apply on cleansed and toned skin at least 30 minutes (as recommended the label) before expose to sun. I would suggest to add moisturizer before applying the sunscreen - make sure you have the basic routine ya. 

Apply as the last step in your day skincare routine and reapply throughout the day. Use two (2) fingers method to measure how much you need for each application.

Packaging & Price:
Opaque white squeezable tube with orange flip flop cap. 30 ml for RM 47.90 (as of date).

Price wise? To be honest, this one categorized in drugstore sunscreen but the price is slightly more expensive than Supergoop! Everyday Sunscreen travel size (30ml for RM 43). Love the packaging, easy to squeeze the products and I love it that it comes in small size, well actually this is the only size available. But I love it, for trial purposes or for travelling even for day to day activities, when it is small you can just put in your bag and reapply on the go.  



Texture:
            White lotion texture. Slight white cast visible.
            
It has thin texture when apply – the lotion feels nice to spread on my face. But even though it claimed non greasy, but I felt uncomfortable, thick and sticky on my face. It takes time to set too.

Scent:
I don’t know to describe it well but most of it all, it smell powdery to me.

The scent didn’t bother me at all – not overpowering and not even lingers.

Personal Review:  
Okay, first and foremost, I love that it claimed it has Free of 6 items - No Artificial Fragrance, No Artificial Colouring, No Comedogenic Ingredients, No Mineral Oil, No SD-alcohol, No lanolin - which indicate how safe the product even for the sensitive skin. So I have high hopes for this product when purchasing it. Love the packaging, it is small makes it easier to travel around or just slip in my bag for re-application. About the scent, it was okay, don’t really like it but I don’t hate it either. Honestly I tried this sunscreen before and I love it. This about a year ago when my skin broke out really bad and my skin condition at the time was really dry and flaky with all bumps and acne all over. I love it so much that I finished a bottle.

So when I run out my favourite sunscreen I went and grab this as I remember how I am okay with this one. However now, I do not like this sunscreen, this is may be because I have different skin condition now compare to what I used to have. My skin currently is dry to normal skin as it started to heal and my skin barrier is repairing and I found that this sunscreen no longer suits me.

As it claimed non greasy but I now do feel uncomfortable on my skin. It still look shiny and feel sticky after I apply it. The texture feels thin when you applying it and spreading it on my face but once it is there, I feel like a thick layer covering my face. Not that very thin layer but not too thick either, but I can still feel the sunblock layer on my skin until it really sets. It feels like I am being protected from the sun (as I can literally feel it on my skin) but it is really uncomfortable for me. It took a while too to set on my face. Once it sets, the stickiness gone and left with a sheen on the surface.

My skin seems to turn red especially around my cheek area and sometimes I noticed that my skin looked darker after using it. This indicate that my skin is irritated and not suitable using it. It also claimed to be non comedogenic but I found few clogged pores after weeks of using it. When I stopped using this sunscreen, I found the problem is resolved. So maybe the product is non comedogenic but it may not suitable with my cream and my serum. Maybe.

I did tried combined with gel moisturizer and cream type with this sunscreen, so far, it doesn’t have any problem, it suits both and it doesn’t pilling. Would love the texture if it is under my makeup, because the stickiness could grab the makeup and hold it there act as a primer. The shininess could give a natural glow under the makeup too. 

I experienced it myself, your skin can change therefore you might not like the products that you once loved before. As you skin condition changed due to age, weather, environment, activities, diets and treatments. Skincare is a journey. That is why I write my experience here, so that one day if I want to go back to certain products, I can refer to how I felt at the time.

p/s: Near RAYA ni, don’t try new products, don’t introduce any acids to your skincare. Keep with what you know work for you, okay?


Overall opinion:
Do I like it?
Used to. But not anymore.

Will I re-purchase it?
No

Do I recommend it?
Maybe who has really dry skin might pull off this one.

[Product]
Clinelle
UV Defence SPF 50 PA+++
Available at drugstore ( Watson, Guardian etc)
Offline and Online stores.


*Disclaimer: Any products review in this blog are purchased with my own money and no sponsorship or paid review whatsoever unless it is stated. Merely my own experience and opinion on these items.

You Might Also Like

0 Comments:

All feedback, comment, suggestions and ideas are most welcome. Thank You for your support. I hope my writing somehow has helped you.

Thank you!